I am a proven community leader with a proven success track record
These are a few of my community accomplishments. I get things done.
- Founder, CityPlace Residents' Association (CPRA)
- Founder, Fort York Residents' Association
- Organized local business to form a BIA (Business Improvement Area)
- Cityfest, advised founders, who secured community funding and launched an event that has since connected over 35,000 people
- Advised and facilitated some of our community’s most impactful events like Cityfest
- Organized area Farmers' Markets
- I facilitated a new co-operative relationship between the Bathurst Quay Neighbourhood Association and the Toronto Port Authority so they can find solutions to area issues and concerns, in 2010
- I Organized an information session for our TCHC CityPlace neighbours, while I was on the board of the CityPlace Residents' Association, about CityPlace, it's public art, parks, future plans and to welcome them to the community with guest speakers from Concord and Public Art Management
- Said no to the Front Street Casino in support of our local restaurants, bars and hotels
New Park/Public Space Advocacy
- Supports the Rail Deck Park
- Volunteered to organize many community park events in Toronto
- Organized the first community garden in CityPlace
- Organized, obtained, and planted 4,000 daffodil bulbs in Canoe Landing Park with community volunteers
- Fundraised for the CPRA and helped secure $8,000 for the CPRA to use to fund community events
Family and Child Advocacy
- Organized free community children's events, Trick or Treat events
- Hosted the first Movie Night in Canoe Landing Park, now in its third year
- Organized a free family and children's day at the Toronto Railway Museum
- Supports a nation daycare
Pets & Animal Advocacy
- Secured funding for a permanent off-leash dog run in CityPlace in 2013 which still has not been built, the temporary dog run is not acceptable
- Said no to our local councillor's vision of an off-leash dog run under the Gardiner Expressway alongside Lakeshore Blvd. Our dogs deserve sunshine and fresh air, not car exhaust fumes.
- Led Toronto to ban the sale of cats and dogs in Pet Shops on humane grounds
- Served on Toronto Humane Society Board of Directors when the shelter transitioned to a No-Kill shelter.
- Facilitated a meeting between the Toronto Humane Society and PWA (People with AIDS Foundation) to explore and implement a foster care pet program for PWA clients who need to place their pets in temporary foster care when a client has to focus on their health or addiction treatments, with the pets returned when the clients believe they can care for their pets again.
I'm an Entrepreneur
- Publisher of The416Magazine.com highlighting local Toronto people, places, events and businesses, with focus on the neighbourhoods of CityPlace, Entertainment District, Southcore, Fort York and Liberty Village
- Publisher of SoGay.ca, an LGBTQ lifestyle magazine
And I am a vegan and published Children's author (Frederick the Fisherman Under the Sea.