I am a proven community leader with a proven success track record
These are a few of my community accomplishments. I get things done.
- Founder, CityPlace Residents' Association (CPRA)
- Founder, Fort York Residents' Association
- Organized local business to form a BIA (Business Improvement Area)
- Cityfest, advised founders, who secured community funding and launched an event that has since connected over 35,000 people
- Advised and facilitated some of our community’s most impactful events like Cityfest
- Organized area Farmers' Markets
- I facilitated a new co-operative relationship between the Bathurst Quay Neighbourhood Association and the Toronto Port Authority so they can find solutions to area issues and concerns, in 2010
- I Organized an information session for our TCHC CityPlace neighbours, while I was on the board of the CityPlace Residents' Association, about CityPlace, it's public art, parks, future plans and to welcome them to the community with guest speakers from Concord and Public Art Management
- Said no to the Front Street Casino in support of our local restaurants, bars and hotels
New Park/Public Space Advocacy
- Supports the Rail Deck Park
- Volunteered organizing a lot the park events you've enjoyed
- Organized the first community garden in CityPlace
- Organized, obtained, and planted 4,000 daffodil bulbs in Canoe Landing Park with community volunteers
- Fundraised for the CPRA and helped secure $8,000 for the CPRA to use to fund community events
- Supports the Smarttrack transit station at Front and Spadina
- Supports the King Street Pilot
- Advocates for children's outdoor playgrounds
Family and Child Advocacy
- Organized free community children's events, Trick or Treat events
- Hosted the first Movie Night in Canoe Landing Park, now in its third year
- Organized a free family and children's day at the Toronto Railway Museum which involved free mini train rides for children
Pets & Animal Advocacy
- Secured funding for a permanent off-leash dog run in CityPlace in 2013 which still has not been built, the temporary dog run is not acceptable
- Said no to our local councillor's vision of an off-leash dog run under the Gardiner Expressway alongside Lakeshore Blvd. Our dogs deserve sunshine and fresh air, not car exhaust fumes.
- Led Toronto to ban the sale of cats and dogs in Pet Shops on humane grounds
- Served on Toronto Humane Society Board of Directors when the shelter transitioned to a No-Kill shelter.
I'm an Entrenepeur
- Publisher of The416Magazine.com highlighting local Toronto people, places, events and businesses, with focus on the neighbourhoods of CityPlace, Entertainment District, Southcore, Fort York and Liberty Village
- Publisher of SoGay.ca, an LGBTQ lifestyle magazine
And I am a proud vegan and published Children's author (Frederick the Fisherman Under the Sea)
Affordability, Livability, and Transparency
Affordability - Toronto has a high cost of living and needs to be more affordable for all
* Affordable Rental Housing & Community Services
* TTC must remain affordable
* Toronto must live within its means and budget more responsibly
Livability - A thriving Neighbourhood through Community Engagement
* Parks, Public Realm, Public Art
* An accessible neighbourhood
* Better security for public housing communities
* Through regular community engagement, let's reinvigorate and revitalize our urban development
Transparency - Making City Hall Accountable
* where have all the development funds gone? If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on in your neighbourhood?
* TTC audit - how do we move you from point A to B effectively and efficiently without delay.
Supporting Local Business
Investment - Support Our Entrepreneurs and Business Community
(and help keep it attractive and viable for New investment)
* Ensuring the business community thrives and those property owners who have invested in this community have locations that remain highly desirable and sought after by new tech investors and innovative and creative businesses
* Fight to extend the heritage-culture tax rebate to all of our designated commercial properties.
Let's chat! I will get it done.
These are my thoughts and ideas about development.
- I will engage all stakeholders
- I believe in Visionary City Building that's based on improving our quality of life and wellbeing
- I believe in building green and supporting green technology like electric vehicle charging stations
- I'll champion smart solutions that include mixed-use developments and the integration of amenity and retail into the public realm.
I believe development works best when we focus on improving the quality of life of those who will call it home, and the neighbourhood, by providing more walkable access to transit, social connectivity, choice, as well as less car dependency and with inspiring architecture, public and retail space.
Proposed Rail Deck Park Statement
These are my thoughts about the Rail Deck Park.
- It will be built
- I would like to see it extend to Union Station above the Rail Corridor
- I would like it to be green, with native plants that attract and feed our local birds, bees and butterflies
- I want the pedestrian areas heated for year-round use and free of ice and snow
- I believe it can support safe spaces for Virtual/Augmented reality and Gamers with outdoor gaming park space with free unlimited access high-speed WIFI
- Outdoor stage space for free public events and celebrations
- A walking bridge over to allow for continuous park connection over the Spadina and Blue Jays Way roadway.
Important information links you can click